Friday, October 31, 2008

Let the Baby Drive

I'm reading this book called "Let the Baby Drive," by Lu Hanessian. I'm only a few chapters into it, but I'm finding it refreshing. Since Isaac's birth, I have read stacks of parenting books. I've read Babywise, The Baby Whisperer, the Brazelton sleep method, the Furbur method, 12 hours by 12 weeks, Tips for new moms, Bright Baby, Bringing up Baby, The happiest Baby on the Block... and the list goes on. Really. Good grief. But this book is different. One review of it says, "Finally, a parenting book that does not give advice and yet offers such profound insight into what it means to be a child, a mother, a wife, and a thinking woman," I agree. While I'm still trying some of the "methods" I have been reading about, it's nice to be reminded that parenting isn't all about methods. Sometimes it's about those moments when I can't take my eyes off his perfect face. Like right now.

No comments: